Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lassi Meethi

Jason and I love Indian food and when we go out we will sometimes share a mango lassi. I saw that the Bittman book had a lassi recipe than had a mango option, so we decided to try it. I made it this morning (because the mango I bought was not looking so good). We both tried it and it is good I like it, but next time I think I might put extra mango and less cardamon.

Lassi Meethi (Sweet Yogurt Shake)
India

Makes: 4 servings
Time: 10 minutes

2 cups whole -milk yogurt
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon, or to taste
2 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
pinch of salt
1 cup ice cube

Combine all the ingredients in a blender with 1 cup cold water. Blend until smooth and serve.

Mango (of other fruit) Lassi
Add 1 cup pulp of mango, peach, or other fruit to the mix.

Rate:
Veronica 7
Jason 7.3

No comments:

Post a Comment