Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cinnamon Tea

Jason's grandmother makes a meadow tea, which is very refreshing on a warm summer day. I picked this recipe next because it is made just like meadow tea, which I love. It is delicious. I made it the first time half sugar half splenda and omitted the pine nuts, it was really sweet. I think for next time I will make it with no sugar.

Cinnamon Tea
(Korea)
Makes: 4 servings
Time: 20 minutes, plus chilling time

Always served ice cold

5 cinnamon sticks
1/2 cup sugar, or to taste
1 teaspoon pine nuts, lightly toasted


1. Combine the cinnamon with 1 quart water and the sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, turn the heat to low, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Cool, then chill.


2. To serve, fish out the cinnamon sticks and pour into cup or glasses. Garnish with the pine nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment