Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Garbage Casserole (Broccoli, beef, and cheese Casserole)

I know the name sound like a bad idea, Jason makes fun of me when I call a dish made out of left overs garbage anything. It comes from my childhood, my mom was awesome at making a new meal out of leftovers and one of my favorites was garbage soup (veggies, roast chicken, and noodles or rice). I had roasted broccoli from Thanksgiving I had frozen along with a few cans of condensed soup, so I decided to make a "garbage casserole". Never making anything like this I look on line and found this recipe and added to it. It is not bad if I say so myself, below is what I did to make the recipe my own.

1 lb. ground beef (93%)
salt and pepper
A few shakes of Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning Without Pepper
1 cup chopped roasted broccoli
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 can cream of broccoli soup
1-1/2 soup can milk
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2- 1/2 cup cooked elbow pasta
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Put ground beef into a hot skillet add a few pinches of salt, pepper, and a few shakes of Goya seasoning, and brown. Add onion and cook till soften, add roasted broccoli to skillet and cook for about 5minutes until the broccoli is defrosted.

Stir the soup, milk, black pepper, and cheese and pasta in a 2-1/2 quart baking dish. Add the skillet mixture to the baking dish.

Bake at 400°F. for 20 minutes or until the pasta mixture is hot and bubbling. Turn of broil for 5 minutes to brown the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment